Saturday, September 26, 2009

Manic Street Preachers- September 22, 2009 in Vancouver at the Commodore Ballroom

James Dean Bradfield
IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet
I think I've finally figured out why I like Twitter. It's like a search engine for everything you actually want to find. I like taking photos, but I don't particularly like writing reviews of the shows I go to. Mostly, you could say that at best, I write commentary. With that in mind, I am going to direct you readers to a review I found on Twitter. It's from an amazing website called Guttersnipe, and I urge you to check it out.
IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet
The review is HERE and I pretty much have nothing to add to it, except for a bit of personal commentary.
IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet
I saw the Manic Street Preachers when they came to Vancouver ten years ago. I don't remember that much about it except that every interview mentioned the disappearance of Richie Edwards. It's only now with the release of Journal For Plague Lovers, which features lyrics left behind by Edwards, that I can appreciate his contribution to the band.
IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet
My final commentary is that this show felt like the Goldilocks show. It had been a busy week with the Hold Steady, Arctic Monkeys, and Manic Street Preachers. If you read my thoughts on the other shows, then you'll understand why I felt this show was just right. Great music, amazing energy and genuine engagement with the crowd.
Nicky WIre
IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet

IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet

No comments: