Friday, September 11, 2009

Bumbershoot 2009- Saturday Night, September 6, 2009

So after nice Mexican dinner complete with beer flavoured water, we began our evening. As before, I've added a link to the videos wherever possible.

I've loved World Party forever, so Glen was pretty surprized when I said I could take them or leave them. On our way to the EMP Sky church, we happened by the Fisher Stage where World Party was beginning my favourite song, Message In A Box. Needless to say. I got all excited, and ran to the front of the stage.
Karl Wallinger

IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet

He was simply accompanied by another guitarist and a fiddler

David Duffy and John Turnbull

IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet

We still managed to catch Kay Kay And His Weathered Underground. Check out Momma here. The EMP/SFM Sky Church is probably my favourite venue at Bumbershoot. The gorgeous lighting compliments the great sound that the space has

Kirk Huffman

IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Kay Kay And His Weathered Underground

IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet

We still managed to catch about half of The Long Winters set. Watch Fire Island, AK here.

John Roderick

IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet

IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet


No comments: