Friday, September 11, 2009

Bumbershoot 2009- Monday Day September 7, 2009

It rained. It poured. But for our troubles we made the front page of the Seattle Weekly's coverage!

First up was my most anticipated show, Visqueen. I love them so much. Check out their video for Crush On The Radio, although my favourite song is actually Vaxxine. It came as a huge disappointment to me when they played their new album in it's entirety with neither of songs I wanted to hear.

Rachel Flotard
IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Cristina Bautista
IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Tom Cummings
IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet
We went for one of our endless free Starbucks coffee's and still managed to catch The Minus 5. I'd seem them before when R.E.M. played a secret show with them. Peter Buck still plays with the band, which was cool to see. I'm going to link to a live performance of Lies Of The Living Dead because the song is a cool as the title.
Scott McCaughey
IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Peter Buck
IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Delhi 2 Dublin was an unexpected stop. As we were passing through the grounds, we were seduced by the sounds of Bangra music and had to stop. This is a truly a multicultural group with world wide influences, and you need to check this video out to see what I'm talking about.
Sanjay Seran
IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Delhi 2 Dublin
IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Ravi Binning
IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Next it was the Black Eyed Peas. This was for Sonia, so I braved life and limb to get up close.
Fergie
IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet
will.i.am
IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Taboo
IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Last for the day was Akron/Family. I was really looking forward to them and expected a dozen people on stage, but was surprized to see just two guys. Check out Ed Is A Portal.
Seth Olinsky
IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet

No comments: