Friday, September 11, 2009

Bumbershoot 2009- Sunday, September 6, 2009

Started with The Black Whales. As in all my Bumbershoot, the song choice will be linked to a video. My choice for the Black Whales is Young Blood.

I have a pet peeve in watching bands, and singer Alex Robert was a big offender. He kept his eyes closed during the entire performance. You can not connect with an audience when you have your eyes closed. The performance is internal, and you lose us. For this reason, here is my photo of Alex tuning his guitar because nothing else is compelling.
Alex Robert

IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Davey Brozowski

IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Then it was off to the main stage for our first main stage show. I HATE the main stage because they have no video screens at all. It's ridiculous because you can't see anything unless you get up really close and you are basically taking your life into your own hands at that point. Bumbershoot, GET SOME GIANT VIDEO SCREENS!
Anyways, off to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, who I adore. My favourite song is Zero which you can watch here.
Karen O

IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet

IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet

What's not to love. They were amazing. A highlight for sure. Also more giant confetti cannons which seem to be the new thing right now.

IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet

After an awesome Happy Hour at Twist (love the pomegranate ribs) it was off to Michael Franti and Spearhead. Say Hey is supposedly a hit although I don't know anyone else who knows it. I love it to death, but Sonia and Glen were not too impressed.

Michael Franti

IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Michael Franti and Jason Mraz

IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Last stop of the day was to see The Helio Sequence. My favourite song is Keep Your Eyes Ahead.

Brandon Summers with Benjamin Weikel

IMG 0647 - Photo Hosted at Buzznet

No comments: