Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bumbershoot 2007 - Transit Stage

By Far my favourite stage as it's where I spent most of my time.
First up...Stars of Track and Field.
Jason Bell
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Originally, my first choice in this time slot was the Horrorpops, who I adore. Sadly, they cancelled, and so I was able to see The Stars Of Track And Field who are a trio who use backing track for the bass bits. A bit of cop out, and I totally think they need to bring in a bassist if they want my true love.
Kevin Calaba
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Another favourite was Art Brut, who totally blew me away. I don't know what I'd call the music. It was a bit like Louis XIV in that the lead singer talked and the rest of the band sang their back up bits.
Jasper Future
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Other highlights with no photo accompaniment were Gogal Bordello who were the most fun, and Menomena who had a punky choir complete with choir robes who were great.

No comments: